Sunday, August 17, 2014

Broken Tooth

I have a broken tooth.

I have had it for six months.  It's a wisdom tooth and I keep meaning to make an appointment to get it dealt with but my life never seems to allow me any time to do so.

Healing from dental surgery is more "free time" than I can afford right now. I don't know how or when  to fit it in, nor can I figure out the logistics of how to do it with Jason's work schedule and my work schedule and kids and all the things that seem so much more important than my damn tooth.

But now,  I think it has an abscess.  And it hurts like hell.

So I suppose I don't have much of a choice anymore.

And once again, my plate is so full that the food keeps sliding off.

There is no baseline for me lately. There are only the fleeting moments where I kick up hard enough to catch one big breath of air before falling under it all again.

So that's my blog for tonight, because my head is throbbing and I can't think about anything else.

Anything except the three hours of cooking and cleaning I still have left to do before Monday hits.

Sigh.  Sometimes it can be hard.

They say self care is one of the most important things parents can do for themselves.

Unfortunately,  they don't tell you how to fit it in.

Edited to add: Got my tooth pulled today in an emergency surgery. It took less than two hours total. And so my entire argument of "no time" was a very powerful lie to myself. I'm glad I can be transparent about that in this space and promise to write a better post about it this month.

3 comments:

  1. It's good to know that you've finally found time to get that problematic tooth pulled out. I understand how busy you must have been lately, what with work and children, and that toothache was the last thing you wanted to keep you from doing your task. But I think you were letting things fall out of your hand by letting that debilitating problem immobilize you. There are just times when the “right time” is “right now”. Take care!

    Bettye Primm @ Back Mountain Dental

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that's really sad. I was having such a problem and i visited a dentist Mumbai and it hardly took a day or two to be cured and am very glad to be free from the agony.

    ReplyDelete